Dental implants are custom-fitted, artificial tooth roots made from long-lasting, medical-grade materials. The implant, which is usually made of titanium, is surgically anchored into your jawbone, much like a real tooth root. Once the area around the root has healed, it’s fitted with an artificial tooth (a porcelain crown).
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Looks and feels more like your own teeth
- Improves speech and annunciation
- Comfort and ease when chewing food
- Prevents further bone loss
- Lasts longer than dentures and bridges (20-30 years on average)
- Renewed confidence in your smile
Dental Implant Techniques
- Mini Dental Implants (MDI) – Implants are smaller in size and are typically used to stabilize a lower denture.
- All-on-4® - As the name suggests, four dental implants are placed on the bone and is an alternative to a full arch replacement.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – Provides a stronger foundation to support dental prosthetics because the implants are embedded into the gums and fuse to the jawbone.
About Dr. Andy Q. V. Le
Dr. Andy Le is a board-certified dentist and Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (FICOI). He completed his masters in dental implantology at the UNLV school of Dental Medicine, and received his Doctor in Dental Surgery (DDS) degree at Marquette University School of Dentistry.
He brings over 15 years of dentistry and oral surgery knowledge to his practice, helping to restore smiles of countless patients in the Bay Area. He’s an active member of the American Dental Association, the California Dental Association, the California Implant Institute, and Alameda County Dental Society.
Are Dental Implants Right For You?
Good candidates typically have healthy gums and a fully developed jawbone. There should also be sufficient bone density to support and anchor the implants. If you’re unsure of your overall oral health, your dental implant specialist can provide a thorough assessment during a consultation.
Schedule your complimentary consultation with Le Chabot Dental today and receive a free CBCT scan. We also offer special financing for all dental implant procedures.