Keeping Our Patients Healthy And Safe Through Difficult Times
Oral health is an important part of maintaining your overall health, and resuming dental visits can also prevent many dental diseases including tooth decay and gum disease. Is it safe to visit your dentist? The short answer is: yes. Dental practices have always been ahead of the curve when it comes to sanitation procedures and using protective gear, and with the updated Covid-19 guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and American Dental Association (ADA), you can expect dental offices to have additional precautionary measures in place.
At Le Chabot Dental, the health and safety of both our patients and team members is our top priority. In alignment with recommendations set forth by the CDC and ADA, we’ve updated our cleaning and safety procedures to ensure our patients and team are protected.
Here’s what you can expect at your next dental visit:
- A call from one of our office assistants to confirm your appointment and your overall health. Questions you may be asked include:
- Have you or any family members residing in your home travelled outside of the country within the last 14 days?
- Do you currently have a cold or a fever with a temperature over 99 degrees?
- Have you or any family members recently tested positive for Covid-19?
- If arriving before your appointment time, we ask that you remain in your car if there are other patients in the waiting room.
- If arriving with family members, we ask that they remain inside their car during your visit.
- You will be expected to wear a face mask while in the waiting room.
- Upon entering our waiting room, you can expect:
- All surfaces to be cleaned and disinfected regularly
- no more than 2 people in the waiting room
- magazines and toys removed to reduce contact
- All patients are required to undergo a temperature reading and screening for Covid-19 symptoms before your procedure begins. You will be asked to reschedule your appointment if your temperature is over 99 degrees.
- We’ve also restructured and expanded our entire office to maximize patient safety including:
- Safety protocol signage displayed throughout the office
- Physical barriers are installed at the reception area to limit close contact
- Waiting room chairs are placed six feet apart
We strive to provide the best patient care possible while keeping you and your family safe. Feel free to contact us at (510) 276-5533 if you have questions about our updated cleaning and safety procedures.
We’re in this together!